Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I'm Not Done With That Yet!!

That is what I heard the Spirit say to me tonight! "I'm not done with that yet!" This blog may seem like a rant but instead of trying to think out how I want to present this I am going to just write out my thoughts and let you do with them what you will.

I believe my generation has come to a dangerous place with the things of the Lord. We have come to this place where we think that since we are different we know better than our predecessors and we are beginning to so easily cast off the things of the past because we have something new. I believe we have built a new religious system that has so centered on the "new" thing that we have forgotten all of the Great things that have brought us to the places we are and are in danger of isolating ourselves from the fullness of Yahweh because some of it might not look "new" and might not be dressed in jeans and a hipster shirt.

Think about this. If you listen to most new "worship songs" you will hear mainly the same things; the love of God, not very many descriptions of our God, and catchy tunes (most of which are very mellow). What happened to the days of old when we describe Yahweh as Ruler of all, Ancient of day, Ancient one, King of all kings, Strong in battle, Mighty indeed. These days are almost gone. Fortunately there is a remnant left that seeks for total abandonment in worship.

Don't get me wrong, there are some modern songs that put me instantly in the presence of Yahweh but there are oh so many songs of old that still usher in His presence. Every time I hear the Crabb family sing "Holy Ground" I am brought to tears by His mighty presence. When I hear Ron Kenoly sing "Can't stop praising His Name" I instantly begin to dance and praise. Again don't miss what I am saying, We don't need to go back and just do those songs but we do need to be careful to not miss what God is doing just because it doesn't come in a "new" package. He is saying "I'm not done with that yet!"

I am looking forward to a day when we can bridge the generational gap in worship and join together to worship our Creator. Old and young can join hands and sing as one.

Rant complete

No comments:

Post a Comment