Monday, February 29, 2016

It's not your weight to carry

The last five days have been an amazing time in the Lord. My wife and I have seen so many shackles broken off and chains removed from our lives and spirits. The Lord is beginning to do some incredible things in the earth. Something is moving, something is changing!

The thing that the Lord has shown me today comes from Psalms 3:3. "But you oh Lord are a shield around me, my glory,and the One who lifts my head. I cry aloud the Lord, and He answers me from His holy mountain."

The Lord is saying today do not carry a weight that is not yours to carry. You do not have to be your shield. You do not have to defend yourself. You do not have to worry about the future. You do not have to ...... fill in the blank. In this verse he says I am your shield. I am the lifter of your head.

So many times in life we feel like we have to have it all together.  We feel like we have to put on a mask of how life really is because we are depending on ourselves to establish who we are. The Lord is crying out saying "Let me be the lifter of your head", "I want to be your source", "I want to be your protector". The word says we can cast all of our cares on Him, he will be our refuge and our protector.

My encouragement for you today is to let Him carry your burdens and let Him be your strength. The Lord is a strong tower that the righteous can run into and be saved. No matter what you are going through, He doesn't want you to face it on your own. Proverbs 18:10

Remember this; It's not your weight to carry!

Keepin' it Real
Daniel B

No comments:

Post a Comment